Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Catching Up
I never really planned to stop updating the blog.  I have a million excuses as to why I haven't or I should say I have 2 really big excuses.  I have tried to start back at least 10 times only to get a portion of the way through uploading last years photos and writing all the stories and get distracted or overwhelmed at trying to catch up.  So, I have decided to upload as many photos from the last year as possible today.  I will try to write captions or stories but I am making no promises and as for formatting or reasonable order of events - probably not going to happen.  At least it is a start and then I can attempt to keep up so that one day these kiddos can look back at their childhood memories.  

First Day of Preschool 2010
What a day.  Our little girl started preschool.  She was so very excited.  No one warned me that dropping off your child for the first day of school could be so emotional so I ended up fleeing from the class so she wouldn't see me burst into tears.  Now I know to bring tissue and plot out all the exits for the quick escape before the tears flow.


He is just too darn cute.  I think this was taken in September 2010
 Georgia Game 2010
This year the UGA Bulldogs came to play CU.  So of course we had a party.  Friends flew in from Georgia and other parts of the country to visit and watch UGA beat CU.  It didn't quiet work out that way.  The party was great but after a terrible game UGA lost in the last few minutes of the game.  WAH-WHAAAAA.

 Halloween 2010
Ashley wanted to be a dinosaur this year and thanks to a friends costume closet we had the perfect (if ever so boyish) costume.  Blake didn't have much of a say in the matter and he made the cutest bee ever. We decorated treat bags, picked pumpkins, ran around the neighborhood collecting candy and visited with friends.  This was the first year either of the kids actually went trick-or-treating and they were a little overwhelmed with the whole concept.  By the end of the night Blake gave up on trying to say trick-or-treat and just started saying "more".  Finally, we had canvased the entire neighborhood and lugged our tired kids and full treat bags home.



While decorating our halloween bags Blake decided to taste the markers.






 The Big Move (all the way down the street) 2010
We moved into our dream house this year.  Everyone got into the moving spirit - even Bob.


enjoying a snack on the counter in our new home
 The Thumb Accident January 2011 
I received a phone call at work from Matt.  He told me that Blake had accidently slammed Ashley's hand in the bedroom door and it just would not stop bleeding.  Wow, how hard did he slam it is what came to mind.  Turns out he had closed her hand in the hinge part of the door and the door jam removed her thumbnail.  So, Matt dropped Blake off with friends and brought Ashley to Denver.  Going to see Mommy at work was the only way to get her to calm down.  It was a terrible ordeal involving multiple people to hold her down for x-rays, an IV and sedation.  She was comical while in recovery from getting stiches under sedation.  She kept asking where her thumb was and slurring "I loooooove you".  At least we got a little comic relief after such a miserable experience.



Outer Banks, NC August 2010
This was a great trip.  We spent every morning at the beach playing in the sand, "surfing" the waves, and having a blast.







  




No comments:

Post a Comment