Is there really such a thing as normal or routine? I used to think there was until we had a baby and opened a business within the last year. We have always had different schedules than most of our friends considering that Hubby and I both work nights and generally work weekends, but it just meant that we got to kayak, ski, hike, bike, shop, travel, etc. while everyone else worked. We had our schedules down to a science to optimize our time off. Now we only have a faint memory of what time off is. After all there really are no vacations from parenting or apparently from your own business. Now that the clinic is open we are getting into the groove and trying to figure out a schedule that works for us. We are finally figuring things out and beginning to schedule and plan. This dependence on a calendar is a relatively foreign concept for Hubby and I, but with all that is going on in our lives it is a necessary evil. It took a very short amount of time of merely passing one another on the the go to realize that if we didn't take control of our schedules and coordinate them that we would never get to spend quality time together as a family or have any personal time. Now that our super efficient, color coded, self syncing icalendar is all filled out we have been able to have a lot more time together. I was even able to plan a trip to the Outer Banks. During a momentary lack of sanity I booked tickets for myself and the kids to fly to the Outer Banks. Hubby just can't get away from the clinic right now and I was starting to have family withdrawal, so in a moment denial and insanity I decided that I could travel across the country with two small children in tow. Hopefully, the DVDs, snacks and some M&Ms for bribes will make it an uneventful trip. I'll be sure to let you know how it works out and any tips for traveling with two kids are appreciated.
-------------------------------------------------
Love Bug had his 4 month check up last week. He weighed in at a whopping 15lbs 3oz and 25 inches long. He has rolled over a few times and really wants to sit up by himself. He is also extremely strong.
The pediatrician said that whenever I was ready he could have rice cereal so we tried it tonight. I forgot that it is a learning process to eat from a spoon and eat anything with texture. Love Bug did pretty well and kept me entertained as he tried to figure out what in the world I was doing.
-----------------------------------------
By the way happy belated 4th of July.
We went to a BBQ with some friends and let the kids run around with sparklers after eating Red, White and Blue cupcakes. In hindsight sugar buzzed toddlers with flames on sticks was maybe not such a good idea, but it was a really good time and everyone managed to leave with their eyebrows intact.
So now is the point in the post where I make a bunch of promises to do better, to update, to upload pictures and to not allow another month to pass by before I blog. So I promise....to try.
- Raleigh
No comments:
Post a Comment