This morning I was tired, ready to throw in the towel, grumpy, and done with the day before it had really even begun. The culmination of no sleep, a cranky toddler, and an infant that really does not like to be put down had become overwhelming. I had nothing left to give and after the second
HUGE meltdown of the day I was done. That was when the doorbell rang. Our neighbor Alli and her son "C" were standing on the front steps and instantly "C" asks "can Sweet Pea come to the playground p-weeeese". Alli took one look at me and very politely told me I looked tired. She could have said that I looked like hell and really needed a shower, but like I said, she's polite. So, she took Sweet Pea and "C" to the playground and through some stroke of luck, or more likely, God's mercy, Love Bug fell asleep and I took a nap. A wonderful, uninterrupted, snuggled up with Love Bug, out like a light nap. When they returned an hour and a half later I felt like a new person. Ready to be a good Momma again and Sweet Pea's attitude had taken a turn for the better too. I think we both just needed a break.
I have also decided to temporarily stop with Sweet Pea's potty training. Despite her showing all of the signs of being ready it is becoming a battle. I have tried everything and she still resists going to the potty. So, we will just take a break and resume in a few months. It is just not worth the battle and the last thing I want is for her to have a major set back because I pushed too hard. We have had a lot going on lately so I will just let all that settle and look for more cues from her.
I am working all weekend so prayers for the babies at work and their families, and that I give the best care I can would be appreciated.
- Raleigh
No comments:
Post a Comment