Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Spring - No wait it is still January?

Wow - the weather has been amazing this week. We have had 65+ degree days with cloud free skys and lots of sunshine. We have definitely taken advantage of it by spending as much time as possible outside and at the park. I of course have not managed to take one picture during any of our outings, but I have managed to remember most everything else we needed for our adventures which at this point is a MAJOR accomplishment.

Sweet Pea is turning into a little budding Picaso. She has been finger painting and coloring heaps and we have discovered play-doh. I tried to get her to use water colors last week. She was much more interested in just playing with the water and in hindsight the process of dipping in the water, then dipping in the paint then coloring may have been a little involved for her mere 20 months. I managed to help her make a few marks, but we are going through a fierce independence streak and when I try to help it usually ends with shrieks of NO...MINE, MINE, MINE. (yes mom you can laugh at this because I know exactly where she gets it from).
I was trying to get the dishes - the never ending pile of dishes that haunt me - finished after lunch while Sweet Pea was coloring and she took advantage of my distraction and decided to not only color on the paper, but to also color her face. Good thing Nana sent washable crayons.





















I am posting on the blog right now while Sweet Pea takes a nap in her Big Girl Bed. The pediatrician recommended that we go ahead and transition her to a bed before the baby comes. I of coursed obsessed over this and really worried about her sleep schedule and that she would hate the bed etc., etc., etc. So, I finally got around to setting up the bed in her room and just thought I would leave it there for a while and let her get used to it and start the transition later. Well, she had different plans. That night we brushed her teeth, read three books, rocked with her night-night bears and I put her in her crib - instead of laying down like normal she stood up and started crying and saying down. I picked her up and she said down again so I put her down and she walked over to her big girl bed, laid down and went to sleep. She has been sleeping in it ever since. So all of the obsessing was really for nothing.
Speaking of - I hear her waking up.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment