Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tired and Hungry


Here is a blast from the past. My mom dug out these old photos of Scott and I. I was trying to figure out who Sweet Pea looks like so she sent these for comparison. I still don't know who she looks like or who she acts like. She does so many things that are so completely me and so completely Hubby. She makes faces like I do especially when she is woken up too early and she dances around to music like Hubby. She also kicks her feet up and relaxes beside her dad which is incredibly cute.



So I don't even know what has been happening since the last time that I posted. It has been a fog of being extremely tired, eating everything in site and being hormonal. Luckily, Sweet Pea is still taking naps in the afternoon so I have been taking advantage of those and getting some extra rest. As for the eating it has encouraged me to plan and cook a little more and we have all been enjoying some great meals and not as much convenience type foods. I have had a HUGE sweet tooth during this pregnancy. I mean I typically love sweets, but this has been almost unmanageable. I had to have a serious inner monologue at the grocery store last week to resist a bag of the Halloween pumpkins. I knew I would eat the entire bag and love every minute of it, but I resisted. I have been drinking milk in place of all the sweets I crave and if it lets you know how many times I crave sweets I have been drinking over 3 gallons of milk every 2 weeks. I don't even know what to say about the hormones except for that there are days that I just feel a little crazy and don't know if I should laugh, cry, scream or just go to bed.

Dr. Jones did an ultrasound last week and here is the latest photo of the baby. It look a little alien-like, but everything is as it should be. We have the BIG ultrasound on Oct. 21st where we find out if the baby is a boy or girl and do all of the measurements and dating. I am ready to start feeling the baby kick and move around. There was such a long time that I could feel Sweet Pea move around that I forgot that it takes a while for the baby to be big enough to feel. It is just so reassuring to feel the movement. Sweet Pea always woke up and moved around A LOT about the time I laid down to go to bed. She basically partied all night and then slept most of the day. This pregnancy is going by fast. When we have the ultrasound next week it will already be 20 weeks. It doesn't seem possible to be at the half way point all ready.




I have been a slacker about taking pictures lately, but I got this great shot two days ago. She loves to crawl up in her rocking chair and read her books. Sweet Pea has grown by leaps and bounds on a daily basis. She is so busy and it is astonishing how much she understands and is able to do. She now climbs up in her highchair to get ready to eat all by herself, she helps me dress her in the morning and she is adding a new word almost daily. Her newest words are love you "ov-ooo" which she says while waving good-bye. It is enough to melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment