Andaddy reading "george" - he read all of Sweet Pea's books at least twice and both Nana and Andaddy can probably recite Where the Wild Things Are from memory. Sweet Pea calls it Roar and it is her favorite book.
Andaddy, Love Bug, and Sweet Pea
Andaddy and Sweet Pea playing - Andaddy had to hold all of Sweet Pea's babies while she colored
Nana and Sweet Pea throwing rocks in the river.
Sweet Pea getting a push on the swing
We had typical spring weather during the month of March and had everything from sunny 70+ degree days to the biggest snow storm of the winter. We took advantage of the warm days and spent a lot of time at the park and then we took advantage of the snow and went sledding. This was Sweet Pea's first time sledding and she had a blast. Most of the neighborhood showed up for a day of fun in the snow.
SNOW
Hubby and Sweet Pea sledding - I don't know who enjoyed the sledding more the kids or the Dads. By the end of the afternoon the Dads had made as many "runs" as the kids and had plans to create a sled with some extra padding.
Nana and Sweet Pea sledding
After Nana and Andaddy left I feared that I would not be able do it all and I was right, but I have prioritized the important things and we are settling in and starting to find our new version of normal. So while the house may not be spotless we are all healthy and happy. I have even managed to figure out how to get a daily shower - sometimes not anything else, but at least I am all cleaned up. I honestly can't believe that Love Bug is already six weeks old. It feels like the fast forward button has been pressed and hours are blurring into days and days into weeks. Speaking of disbelief, Sweet Pea will be two next month (insert gasp here). She has become quiet the talker lately and is repeating everything that she hears. She is also the narrator for our day describing everything that she sees and hears and she always lets me know when Love Bug is crying. She tells me "Buggy's cying mommy" just in case I did not hear him. Sweet Pea is still participating in the Infant Aquatics Survival swim classes and she has become a great little swimmer. For anyone unaware of this program the focus is all about drowning prevention and while the kids do have a fun time they learn potentially life saving skills including how to swim to the edge and float on their backs. Ashley has been swimming for almost a year now, she loves it and has become really competent at the skills.
taking a break and practicing her kicks on chomp the alligator
Sweet Pea loves the frog slide at the end of class
singing songs in the pool
swimming to the wall
"C" demonstrating how to float and rest
Here are some photos of daily life. We are getting into our groove and Love Bug is an amazing addition to our family.
Sweet Pea sits and "reads" books to Love Bug
Love Bug loves his bath
No comments:
Post a Comment