Friday, April 11, 2008

Still Snowing

The weather forecasters are predicting that April will be the snowiest month so far this year. We had a few teasers days of spring-like, beautiful, wonderful, magnificent weather that have been followed by more snow. The warm days were great because people in town started to come out of hibernation, but we have also been enjoying the last bit of the snow. I actually got to go and make a few turns on fresh powder today with Catherine.

And yes, this is an extremely lame picture to sum up such a wonderful day on the mountain but when you ride as fast as Catherine and I do the pictures just get too blurry to be any good so this map of the mountain will have to suffice.

Ashley discovered her toy closet this week and her new favorite pass time is to sit inside the closet and play with all of her toys. Her favorite toys are her "car" which she pushes everywhere and her music, colors, and numbers leapfrog table where she can stand and push all the buttons and knobs. She is such a happy kid and is very easily entertained either by us or by herself.

Besides her toys, she will play with absolutely anything. These pictures are from this morning when she had her morning cup of tea just like mom. Other non-toy play favorites are the cat and dog, the barstools, drink coasters and here lately food.



Well, that is all for now. I added some links to the blogsites of some of our friends and family so check those out. Also if anyone has any requests or ideas for blogs let me know in the comments section. With as much that happens on a day to day basis here one would think I would have no trouble with new ideas but my mind seems to go blank when I sit down to start typing. Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Isn’t it amazing how kids are happy with a box of rocks to play with? It just blows my mind. My niece was here this weekend and her favorite toy was an empty water bottle.

    Also, Snow in April!! Can’t say I am going to miss that, I am SO ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete